Pile Wrap System - PWS
The Smart Band Secured Pile Protection System is the perfect solution for most Pile Protection Projects. Once the Petrolatum Tape and paste have been applied the HDPE Jacket can be very quickly installed as illustrated by the videos below. A banded Jacket offers many advantages: no expensive hand tools are required for installation, no pre-survey is required, the system is 100% non-metallic and will not interfere with other existing corrosion protection systems. HCL work in partnership with many Petrolatum Tape manufacturers around the world to provide the clients with the best solution
1. HCL Smart Edging Strip, positioned on outside flap end of the jacket to provide just one single closure seal to the Smart Banded Jacket
2. 19mm Smart Band (up to 1.5m Pile diameter) and 32mm Smart Band for larger diameters. Supplied in either POM Acetal or Nylon 12 depending on project requirements. Max spacing at 260mm pitch interval
3. Smart Band Hybrid Buckle in either 19mm or 32mm size providing secure, long lasting clamping of the jacket on the pile.
4, Paste/primer for use on pitted and corroded piles. Not required for new piles. Apply at 0.5kg/m2 approx.
5. Marine Pile Protection Tape. Petrolatum Impregnated non-woven stitch bonded synthetic carrier cloth. With or without PE backing. Applied at 55% overlap
6. 2mm HDPE Jacket in UV stable Black. Custom cut to any pile height and diameter. Minimum 200mm vertical overall and 200mm wrap overlap
HCL Pile Protection Splash Zone Systems can be installed without the need for power or expensive hydraulic equipment. As a result multiple installations can be carried out on site simultaneously due to the cheap and inexpensive tooling provided with the Smart Band system.
The need for continued monitoring and inspection of the steel, concrete or wood substrate is well catered for with the HCL's Pile Wrap System with the ability to include a full 360 degree inspection Jacket. Positioned at a recommended 10% of the locations on the project and featuring re-usable jackets this facility provides fast and efficient inspection ability.
Consultancy & Design
With over 20 years experience gained first hand in the Marine Pile Protection business HCL is happy to offer a full consultancy service from initial site visit and client meeting to full specification drawings and method statements for your project.